Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring at last!

Happy Spring! First time this year I could run out after my exercise hour in pool with wet hair and come home without worries that I may catch cold or sinus infection. The soil in the garden still is too cold and too wet to do any significant gardening, so I used the sunlight to take pictures of the project I finally finished yesterday - my long vest. I started it last fall after Kaffe Fassett talk in Cornell. It was amazing coincidence - he gave a talk the same day as Dai Fujiwara. It was very inspirational design day indeed. The local yarn company Schaefer Yarn was selling yarns specially designed in colors of Bloomsbury group (their exhibit was in Johnson Art Museum). The yarn was quite fine (designed for socks), so it took me all this time to finish the project between crocheting, of course. I always need some knitting project to balance crocheting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love the vest.. hope to see it on a body someday... it looks like it has wonderful drape!

    ReplyDelete